We stayed plenty busy last week with the fair and all of its activities. We had something fun to go to or be in every night of the week. Duncan loves the fair and we are usually quite involved so it is fun- I guess that is what the kid gets for having a mother that was the "Queen" of the festivities more years ago than I would like to admit and who grew up at the fair herself- any way, he gets to have the same fun I did and he loves it. We always have sheep for the sheep show, since Grandpa is the supervisor of it, and we do the muttin bustin, the leadline and all the fun in between. Duncan also started soccer this week so that will be fun for him. He loves it already. Once we got him understanding that it wasn't quite like football, we were golden!! He is pretty good for his first year. It is fun to watch him. Clayton just keeps growing and changing faster than we would like and gets to enjoy all the million things we seem to find to do. Oh the fun of summer- can't believe it is almost over. Enjoy the pics!

Duncan in the chute

Out they come- I didn't have a very good angle...

The muttin buster

The three amigos...

The candy race

washing the sheep for the show

more washing..

and more washing!

The fam after the sheep show

Our fam

Me and the boys heading for the fair

The leadline man!! He won the Judges Choice this year-

Dad and the boys

Clayton's new hat, Dad brought it home for him...

MY little guy

Aunt Iris and Clayton at the fair

He isn't so little anymore!

Grandma Phillips never spoils him...

He doesn't get any attention...

and he is so camera shy!! NOT...

Duncan's first soccer game

He loves running and bumping and tackling, on occasion....
4 comments:
What fun! It takes the whole family to be involved inn such endeavors too. I remember my little girls and Jo's little girls/Bill and Aunt Mary Lou's little boys all showing calves at the fair and how much fun it was. Cherish the memories and you do such a great job of documenting too. As you said, the time passes all too quickly! It takes ambitious parents to help their kids be involved and busy! Good work!
FUN FUN FUN! We love being able to check in and "Keep Up" with you! Love the pics...can't believe how fast they grow up!
SOOOO fun! Duncan looks like he's loving every second of life and Clayton is getting so big! It shouldn't surprise me because my baby keeps growing too! :) I love the pic of him in jean shorts and his baseball hat. What cute kids.
The fair looks like so much fun. What a fun childhood! Clayton is growing so much. I love the smile pictures and his little JohnDeere hat. Too cute!!! I love that Duncan tries to throw a tackle in there with the soccer. What a boy!
Post a Comment