Duncan plays t-ball twice a week every week. Richard is the coach and so we stay busy with that. Duncan's pet cow, "Caffey" had a baby a couple of week ends ago as well. He was excited to see the baby and of course she is a cutie. Black as coal, unlike her brown mother, but has just a little bit of curl to her hair just like her mom. Richard, my Dad, and everyone else of course watched the cow and checked on her regularly to make sure she was okay in case she needed help, since this was her first calf. When we went to dinner at Richard's parents' house of course, she has the calf. We didn't miss it by too much though, she was only about 10 minutes old when we got there to see her. Grandma Phillips gave us a phone call...
Richard felt a little bad and I think so did my dad, but Stephen was home and actually pulled the calf so there were no problems and both mom and baby were okay. Of course, on the Phillips' Farm - everything is a pet.... including this cow and her calf. It is a good thing that everything went well, I don't know what would have happened if something would have gone wrong!!!! Crazy animals....
Any way here are a few pictures from the last two or three weeks. Enjoy!

Our T-baller

More t-ball

This is the rear view of Duncan's favorite new thing... Leading the calf "George"
Yes, you read it right, Duncan named the calf "George Phillips" like his Grandpa- Don't ask because I don't know. Everyone asked him what he was going to name his new calf and he didn't even hesitate, he said, "George Phillips, like my Grandpa!" Grandpa asked him if the calf looked like him and Duncan replied, "No, I'm just naming it like you!" Side note: we also have a cat named George.... she is a girl too.

The boys and the cows. Richard leads "Caffey" and Duncan leads "George" It is hilarious.

Hot tub anyone? Yes, it is snowing. These two are crazy. What a good Dad we have at our house. He is a pretty good sport.

The ducks have found the cat tail pond in our back yard. They love the water.

more ducks...

Did I mention we play a lot of t-ball??


This is right after "Caffey" had her calf. What cow have you ever seen let a little boy sit on her back right after she has a calf? He usually does ride her, but in a little different setting.

About 15 minutes old...

Always eager to mechanic with dad.

The first t-ball game....

Leaving the house for the first big game...
6 comments:
Oh man...what a life! I am laughing myself silly about "George Phillips." How cute! I am just happy that even though you are on bed rest, you are still hangin' in there!
Looks like spring is in full swing around your house. Glad to hear that even though you are on bed rest you are still doing good! Hope all continues to go well!
He is the cutest farm hand EVER! I love that he and his dad go out to lead the cow and her calf. Also, naming the calf George Phillips is hilliarious! I'm sorry that you are on bed rest, but it is good to hear that things are going pretty well. I can't wait until that new baby comes (although I can wait a few more weeks because I know it will be better for anyone!). Good-luck, and stay healthy.
Oh man. I had already planned to open the comment box and write, "what a life!" and then I saw my mom's comment!!!! Oh boy.
Yes, it's a Bisel trait...we'll be battling heart disease and high blood pressure our whole lives, I think. I'm glad to hear that you're doing well, though...
Seriously, I don't think that boy could love his country boy life anymore than he does. He is truly lucky for such amazing parents and surroundings!
It is amazing how much time goes into sports at that little of age. It seems like we were always at the soccer field, between practices and games! It is so fun to watch little kids play sports. I'm glad you are still hanging in there. I will give you a ring the next day or two.
I'm so glad you're hanging in there and no baby yet (except for the cute baby calf, of course ;)
Post a Comment