Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

Here are some pictures of our Christmas. Santa's sleigh tipped over at our house I think. We,(Richard and I) had a wonderful morning and Duncan had a great time opening gifts and playing. He is the best part of our Christmas morning. He is getting big enough that "Santa" is a fun thing for him. He wrote him a note and left him cookies but he insisted that Santa have hot chocolate instead of milk because, "it is cold outside in his sleigh." So, Santa got to chug a nice big cup of hot chocolate instead.
I almost forgot, just in case you are wondering yes, Richard does have bleach blonde hair- The kids at the Jr. High met their goal for cans for the food bank and money for the "Sub-for-Santa" program here in our community. Because they reached it, he dyed his hair. He is such a good sport and so now we will have a blonde Dad for a month or so.

Our Preschool Party


Sledding and Feeding Buster on Christmas Eve

Writing Santa his letter with some help from Dad

Santa definitely got Duncan's list...





Christmas Morning!!!!



Grandma and Grandpa Phillips


Grandma and Grandpa Pay

We take a picture each year of everyone with their Christmas. Duncan insisted that he either be in our picture or one of us had to be in his... What a fun day we had and what a wonderful time of the year it is.





Once in a while he gives freely of his kisses, not often though...

Shoveling out of our awesome snow storm!! It literally snowed for a day!!

5 comments:

Billie Sue said...

I am always so impressed with everything you guys are involved with and do for fun! The pictures are great--looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. I see Duncan got a guitar as well as the Phillips' boys. I was impressed with his violin skills and also impressed with your teaching skills! Fun to party with you and hope to see you again soon. Keep posting so I can keep up!

Pays said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. K is still terrified of Richard's hair...as I type she is looking at the pict.'s freaking out!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I'd say Santa's sleigh tipped over! It seems as though he would've had to drive two sleighs for all those gifts! I'm glad Duncan was so happy and got all the things on his list; it makes it so much fun to see their excitement!

Lisa said...

Your blog always reminds me how our 13 years in Nephi was so much fun. I can't believe it finally snowed ON Christmas, and we missed it.! Darci and Josh have been buried in snow too.
Tell Richard his 'new look' looks pretty cool.! Great job kids.!
Duncan looks so happy with all of his fun new toys.! They will keep him busy, until he can be outside 24/7.
Hope you all had a VERY Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.!

Janessa said...

Wow, you guys hit the jackpot with Santa! Duncan must have been really good this year. I agree with you, kids are the best part of Christmas. Santa brought us the same trampline a couple of years agon. My kids live on that thing when it's warm enough to go outside. I think every kid needs one. I love Richard's hair! What a good sport. Glad you had a good Christmas!