Monday, January 24, 2011

Our January so far...

What do we do at our house during the winter?  Well, here are a few pictures from January so far. It has been exciting and busy both and we can't believe it is almost over!


The boys love to go sledding. It is almost a daily occurance at our house and Dolly keeps close tabs on them most of the time.

Duncan loves to drive the snowmobile and give dad a ride too.
 
Dad is a pretty good sport.

Mom and Clayton. Bubba thought he needed to be in the picture too

Dad and Duncan and again, Bubba too.

This kid will ride a sled as long as you will pull him! 

There is a little jump that he thinks is awesome to go over. He catches some air and is always telling you to "go faster"!

So, now that you are laughing, just keep doing so because the next picture is even better...

You can't help but love that face- He is so funny. He makes these faces all the time and he even thinks they are funny laughing after he makes them. Oh our baby boy.....

This is the start of our snow fort.

We added to it and added to it until it was as tall as Duncan! However, all of our nice warm weather melted it! So.... we are patiently waiting for new snow so that we can build another one!

Our boys.... outfitting themselves....

Like I said, we sled alot! Duncan and Alex took to the sleds on this day.

Enjoying the ride.

Aunt Kecia took a turn pulling them too.

Then we have our cute little patient:) Richard's voice has not been normal since this fall.  He saw the ENT  the first part of January after ruling out other things that could cause his voice to do what it was doing. The doctor confirmed that he had a mass on his vocal cord. We went to the Provo office for further tests to get better pictures of the mass the end of that week and then the next week he went in for surgery to get it removed.  Quick fix? Yes, and we are glad that he has got it done. He is healing good and the pathology came back clean so we are just keeping him very "quiet" for a little while. He isn't supposed to yell or whisper for now but eventually he will be back to normal.

All three of them!

Also at the first part of January David got baptized! It was a neat day and he was very excited. Duncan is excited because he is the next one to be baptized in the family.  Here are Grandpa and Grandma with all the grandsons.

The daily question, "Who wants to go outside?" the answer with both hands held up in the air, "ME!"

Here is what is left of the snow fort. That warm weather really took a toll on it!

So once in a while parents act like kids- This is one of those times. This is near our house. Duncan thought it was great and I don't think Richard minded it too much either.

Mom doesn't give it quite as much gas....

My big "little" boy

Mom got a little more daring :)

And here are the boys one more time. Duncan loved jumping the snowmobile and asked, are we going to do that tomorrow? Maybe not :)

Clayton loves Turbo the turtle. Every once in a while we get Turbo out and the boys watch him scurry around.  I must say, he is pretty cool. And.... another obvious point- who's your daddy? Yeah, I think you know who my kids look like!







So there you have it! Most of the happenings at our house for the month so far! Throw in several ball games and a few family fun nights and that is our house!  Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

4 comments:

Billie Sue said...

I LOVE your new picture header! Who took it for you? I think I have said this so many times...you and Richard make sure your kids have a wonderful life. Many times when I talk about my childhood, people tell me I have a vivid imagination or that I live in a dream world...that is right! When kids grow up in a home where there is love of the Lord, love of one another, love of home, love of the land and all creations, it is a dream world! Good work - little girl and Richard!! You are both great! I am glad Richard's surgery went well. I hope the voice gets back to normal. Here comes February! Love you guys!

foreveryoung said...

I am getting cold just looking at these pictures, but your boys do look totally cute all bundled up and the sledding does look fun! Clayton is totally Richard's mini-me, but I'm sure you get that all the time. I'm glad his surgery went well, kind of scary, though!

Em and AJ said...

So much fun! How does Richard not yell when he is at the games?! :) Glad that his surgery went well and that he is recovering great. Your boys look like they have so much fun. My kids always want to go outside too, but we don't have snow to play in, so we go to the park. :) Love the pictures of you and Richard jumping those jumps on the snowmobile. I have to hand it to you and say way to go, I don't think I would ever be that daring to do that.

Janessa said...

You guys are such great parents to get out and play in the snow with your kiddos so much. It looks like you're all having a greaet time. I think I would probably just bundle them up and send them out to play together more often then not. I love Clayton's cheesy smiles. What a crack up! It's fun when they get old enough to realize they are cute and funny. I'm glad everything went well with Richard's surgery. I hadn't even heard about it. Yes, I agree. Your boys look just like their daddy.