Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We love the month of July. Between the 4th, the Stampede, the 24th and everything in between we seem to find plenty to do. I can honestly say that I have never missed a performance of the Stampede in my short 30 years of life:) My family all goes to the rodeo each of the 3 nights every year and all the grandkids look forward to the celebration, rodeo and carnival. Grandpa and Grandma are still pretty good sports and hit the carnival with all of us to watch the kids ride the rides. Growing up we were always involved in the parades, the grand entry on the horses and what ever else there was to do. We always have lots of food, friends and fun, fun, fun. Hopefully my kids will have some of the same fond memories that I have of the Stampede.

We also have the 24th of July with two birthdays in the family to celebrate as well as Pioneer day celebrations to enjoy and life on the farm is always busy.
Here are a few pictures. Hope you enjoyed July as much as we did, I can't believe it is almost over!!!


After the rodeo



This is impressive every time you see it. There is just nothing like it.

Wind or not, this guy gets in the arena

What an awesome sight.



The big parade. This is one of Duncan's favorite things to do at the Stampede. Clayton didn't mind it too much either. He likes to help Dad drive while Duncan throws candy.

This year both of the boys rode with Dad in the parade.

It is always a fun time when its the Stampede

The boys after the parade


Never gets old seeing a mother and her baby


The specialty act at the Stampede

They are pretty fun to watch.

WOW!! The coin dig!! Every kid at the rodeo was out there. Duncan loves this night after the rodeo.


Gotta love the carnival- my boys did.


Duncan and Brayden


The boys change and grown fast enough that we always end up taking several pictures through out the year.
"The Fam"

Do you think these boys look like their Dad??

"Momma's Boys"



A summer sunset...

What's better than cutting hay with Dad?

My farm boys


On the 24th I was asked to perform with a Doctor and his family that worked in Nephi a few years ago. He now lives in Spanish Fork and we played at their celebration. Richard and the boys and my parents came to listen and we enjoyed the festivities. It was warm- lots of fun, but warm....
Fiesta Days Celebration


AND....I didn't have my camera for the rest of the day to take pictures of Alex's birthday and all the Fireworks, but we had a busy fun 24th anyway.

5 comments:

Billie Sue said...

What a great month--and do those boys look like their Dad? That's an understatement! But, my oh my, how handsome they are and if they turn out to be as good of a man as he is, those boys are headed for goodness--of course, in addition to the tender tutoring of their beautiful, talented mother! I wish I could have heard the concert! I always say this, but I really mean it -- thank you for sharing and letting us be part of your lives! See you in a couple of days!

Michelle said...

We've not been to a single rodeo this year! How fun...love the pics. we got our hay done too last week. It was so fun. We love our little piece of land in Montana.

Janessa said...

What a fun, fun month! You guys are living the ideal small town USA life. What lucky kids you've got:)

Em and AJ said...

I do love the month of July. I think it is one of my favorite months of the year. So much going on and getting to spend it with family, that is the best! :) I see you are still playing your fiddle, love it! I sure do miss that we are not close to Nephi this year like we have been in the past to sneak down to at least one of the Stampede events. Looks like fun, glad you had a fun filled July!

katyosborne said...

We love the month of july! I love the picture of all you guys on the horses, also the new family pictures so cute.