Monday, July 13, 2009

Okay, so it would be an understatement to say that I am behind!!
For some reason I can find other things to take up my time right now... I am loving every minute of him and his big brother too!!

June was busy with birthdays- Mom's 65th, Kecia's and Duncan's too. From there, we had father's day, Richard and Duncan went to SUU for Basketball camp for a week, & we got a new lawnmower, which Duncan loves. After that we headed for July and we got our visitors from Virginia! Uncle Jim Howarth was a good sport and rode in Duncan's wagon behind the 4 wheeler. When Taylor goes home I don't know what Duncan will do. He loves having her around to ride the horses or four wheelers with, she is much more fun than mom and dad! It wouldn't be summer if there wasn't farming to do and the kids enjoy going with Grandpa and helping. A couple of weeks before the Stampede Greenline had a big sale and fun things for the kids, like getting your face painted like a rodeo clown. They thoroughly enjoyed this.

The fourth of July was fun at the park and after dinner on Sunday we found a mud puddle as you will see. Duncan thought he was pretty neat zipping through it and peeling out all over the place. Grandma even had to come and watch... The kids sheared Austin and Alex's fat lambs with lots of help from Grandpa and this last week we had the Ute Stampede- if you are from Nephi, you attend... and we attend everything. From the parades to the rodeo it is three days of fun. Richard always drives a tractor or some piece of fancy equipment from Greenline. Duncan has ridden in this parade with his dad his whole little life, so it is a must every year. This year they drove a chopper and it did not disappoint. Clayton even attended the festivities and enjoyed them in a peaceful slumber. The rodeo was great and the carnival is always lots of fun for the kids. Our child LOVES the rides- he must be the milk man's kid because niether of us can ride many of the rides. Richard won't even get on the Farris Wheel with me-(that ended once I got a ring on my finger)... Any way Duncan and I rode the farris wheel along with Kecia and Alex and it is always fun.

Duncan is also enjoying the fact that I can actually do something again. We can ride the horses which I have missed and he likes to ride Prince all by himself. He thinks he is pretty big leading him around all by himself- what good friends animals make and what fun childhood memories you can make with a pal you'll have for life. I know I have plenty of them. Duncan will still asks me every once in a while when we go to do something, "Mom, can you do this now or are you still on bed rest and can't do anything ?" I love the child- he is always good entertainment.

Anyway we have found plenty to do the last few weeks and we are only half way through July!! Clayton is growing way too fast and is such a sweet little guy. Duncan still thinks he is great and so do we... Enjoy the pictures.






























3 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like lots of fun going on down there in Nephi! Hopefully we can see you soon and get a chance to see your cute little guy!

Billie Sue said...

Oh my! Looks like you have more than your share of fun! The boys are so cute and Duncan is really smart! I love the horse pictures -- they do make great friends!

foreveryoung said...

He's the cutest little cowboy I've ever seen!!