



This week he came and got me so I could reach his cowboy hat for him in the hall and then I needed to watch him be the "rodeo clown" while Jerry rode his bull. He had dumped all the balls out of the ball barrel and was behind it and pushing it around just like the clowns do. He ran all over the front room and pushed the barrel and yelled and cheered and then climbed in it and asked, "Mom, is this how the clowns get in the barrel away from the bulls?" "Yes" I told him and the next response was, "Well I need a lid so the bull can't put his head in here with me then." He loves to watch the PBR or any bull riding anything when it is on and he always asks, "Is that one Jerry?" Jerry is a local guy that is about 3 years younger than me. We know him, his family, and in-laws all quite well. He has an older brother my age and one Richard's age as well. He has been to the NFR and rides at alot of rodeos around the state in the summer. Anyway, Duncan thinks every guy that rides is Jerry- and he always has a pretty good conversation with him when he sees him in town telling him about how he "saw him on tv the other day riding his bull", it is kind of funny to watch and listen to. There is never a dull moment with him.



We took a baby lamb to pre-school on Wednesday. Duncan asked Grandpa if he could take one and show his class. Grandpa replied with, "yes but we need to make sure it is okay with your mom and teacher." Duncan's reply was, "Well Grandpa they are your lambs, why do we need to ask them?" What a child he is, so full of life itself and keeps the rest of us on our toes. I guess I have always taken living on the farm and being able to be around all the animals and letting Duncan be around them for granted. It was fun to watch the kids in Duncan's class. Every time the lamb would cry/blat the kids would get this excited almost scared look. They thought it was pretty neat to pet it and look at it and Duncan was so proud and told them all about the baby lamb and its mom and how they get milk from the mom and that makes them grow and how they don't need to be scared of the baby lamb because it won't hurt them, only the moms are mean sometimes and on and on..... What a character he is. Fun times at our house.


5 comments:
I think Duncan has life figured out better than the rest of us. His questions always make sense out of a non-sensical world. Baby lambs and calves mean spring -- don't they? So much fun at your house and with such a cute, lively, smart boy!
I'll bet the kids absolutely loved the lamb! What a fun and creative little guy he is!
That kid seriously has the best life. He is so mature and adult like! I can't imagine what he will show his siblings! How have you been doing?
How fun to bring a lamb to preschool. I'm sure everyone loved it!
Duncan is the cutest little boy ever! Every time I check your blog I can't believe what a smart little adult you have on your hands. He seems so fun. Lucky you!
Post a Comment