Monday, February 16, 2009

Fun at our house again this week. Aunt Iris came for a visit and of course Duncan wanted her to play basketball with him. She is a pretty good sport... The cousins came and played, we had Valentines Day and parties at pre-school and bought a new truck all in one week!

Duncan had his Valentine's party at pre-school and had a ball getting and giving Valentine's cards and goodies. (Didn't get a picture of course) And then we sent one to every Uncle, Aunt, Cousin and Grandparent from Utah to Texas to Virginia, all "hand picked" by him and don't worry he wrote his name all by himself on each one. He is getting pretty good at it too. I can't believe he is turning 5 this summer.

Richard has been looking for a while now at getting a truck to drive to school so that he doesn't have to start up the diesel every morning to run a few blocks and shut it off. Saves miles, wear and tear, and just basically use on the newer truck. Anyway we went to look at this truck on Saturday(Valentines- I know you are supposed to do something romantic-) in Payson. He decided he wanted the truck and so we went to dinner while the guy got it cleaned out and ready to go.

We asked Duncan what he wanted for dinner and the answer was, "I want ribs for dinner". There is no place in Payson that has ribs so, we ran to Spanish Fork to Wingers for dinner so that he could have his "ribs". I have never seen a little kid eat ribs like he does nor a child more spoiled than him... He loves to go to Ruby River specifically for "ribs". He is a character. Any way the two boys drove the truck home Saturday night and Duncan is in seventh heaven. It is of course all he wants to drive now. We don't need to drive the dually now, just the "new truck" as he calls it. Any way we all had a fun week and Valentine's Day we Hope you did too.

Duncan and Logan. What would you do with out cousins.

Duncan and Aunt Iris playing basketball

Our Valentine's Dinner

The little "ribs monster" I can't believe how he loves BBQ ribs!

Valentine's Dinner

The "new" truck

5 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

He definitley does sound like a character! I guess you should just be happy that he is a good eater and not picky!

It is great to have cousins to play with, I wish Jack had some here!

Sounds like you had a fun and "romantic" Valentines Day!

carvers said...

I can't believe how big he is getting. It makes me sad. He is adorable though, I am going to have to keep Bella away from him until she is at least 25, so they don't run off and get married..

The Gunnerson Family said...

What fun pictures! I love the pic of Duncan eating his ribs. That is so funny. What is it with men and their trucks? Richard is so lucky to have two, Rick doesn't even have one!!!!!

Billie Sue said...

As usual, you guys have the most fun-filled lives! That little Duncan is one of the cutest, most energetic little boys I've ever seen! You two are great parents and always provide such a positive environment for him. Yes -- cousins are the best! Ellie and Luke love being together. Joni and Olivia were like two peas in a pod! Georgia and I grew up like twins, even though we were sisters a year apart. Those precious associations you create while you are young are everlasting. Happy Valentines Day!

Pays said...

We sure loved our Valentine's that we received. I'm glad Duncan got his ribs as well!