Monday, October 20, 2008





We had another fun week. We had Aunt Iris over for a bowl of soup on Sunday.......








Then on Tuesday I took the training wheels off of Duncan's bike! He went down the street towards Mom and Dad's one time and off he went the rest of the day. He took right off. No big wrecks or anything. He still hasn't really wrecked yet- pretty impressive. Needless to say, that is all we do now.... It is fun to watch him though and he is so excited, "I ride my bike with out training wheels" is his first comment to everyone he hasn't told yet. It is cute and it is hard to believe that he is big enough to be doing all the things he does by himself.
We headed north on Wednesday to see the football game in Coalville and stopped in Woodland on the way to take Grandpa Bisel his pumpkin that Duncan picked out . The football team won in the last 10 seconds of the game to take the Region Championship. Now we head for the playoffs.

Then on Thursday we headed for the mountain to cut some wood so that we have wood to burn this winter. We still have quite a bit to cut... Justin, Austin, and Alex came with us to help.
On Friday we hit the birthday party in Orem for Richard's niece and we had another busy day on Saturday with Richard working his one Saturday at Greenline. Duncan got to help him load a big scraper for some men. Duncan loves to go to work with Dad when the tractors have to be used.... he thinks he is pretty neat when they get in those great big, and I mean great big tractors. It is fun for him and his Dad-
Another fun week at our house. We'll see what next week brings!



































8 comments:

The Richards family said...

You are so good at keeping us informed about what you are up to!! I love the blog thing so we can keep in touch!!! Way to go Duncan. Addey was working on loosing the training wheels before we moved and now we have no where to practice. After we saw the pictures Riding Addey said "we need to go to Duncans house to practice without training wheels"

Pays said...

Awesome Duncan! Way to go!! What did Alex do to himself now? (hopefully, I got the right name with the right face, I always get Austin and Alex mixed up.)

Billie Jo said...

Wow! I am impressed, how did you get him to be so brave. My girls are total chickens when I comes to their bikes. I am sure Tess will be 12 before we get her on two wheels!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Oh Donny, when did he get so big? Those pictures of him riding without his training wheels are too grown up. Sounds like you guys sure know how to keep busy!

Chelsea Johnson said...

That's great that he can ride his bike! He shouldn't be that big yet! The picture with he and Grandpa Bisel is so adorable!

Rikki said...

Okay its a fun time when he can ride without training wheels, but the nurse in me is asking..
"Where is that childs helmet!!"
Love me!

Janessa said...

Wow, way to go Duncan! That's impressive! Sounds like you guys have had a fun busy week. I have so many fond memories of going up to the mountains to get firewood when I was little. If we lived close enough we would totally be there to help out! How fun!

Billie Sue said...

Like I said, "Cute, cute, cute -- fun, fun, fun -- beautiful family!" Thanks for sharing with us. Kecia's boys are getting so big. It's been forever since I've seen them. I was just asking your Mom who is coming for Thanksgiving dinner?