Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Preschool fieldtrip

With the the fun of going to preschool comes the field trips. We went to the "Red Barn" in Santaquin to go for a hayride to the pumpkin patch and have doughnuts! The kids were all amazed with the tractor and the wagon. Duncan however was concerned that the tractor was not going fast enough.... He must get that from his dad?































We of course had to have our pictures taken in the cut outs!



This is Duncan's little friend Jimmy. Duncan taught him the fine art of chewing on a piece of straw- Jimmy had never done that before but he thought it was pretty cool. Duncan picked out the perfect piece of straw and explained what to do with it; leave it to my little farmer.....



And of course you can't go to the pumpkin patch and not come home with out one! Like we need another pumpkin- but everyone got one so he picked a "small medium" one.

11 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like the fieldtrip was a lot of fun! I want to go on a fieldtrip...guess I need to have some kids that I can take. Maybe I'll just have to borrow someones.

Chelsea Johnson said...

I've always wanted to stop at that Red Barn, and it looks pretty fun. Guess we'll have to do it sometime. What a cute and knowledgeable little farmer!

Pays said...

What a fun field trip. We actually have planned a trip to go there in a few weeks. Looks like we won't be bored!

The Richards family said...

Fun!! I guess we better get on the ball and see about getting us our pumpkins. I did find a little place called Lee Farms Pumpkin Patch here in Oregon.We will have to try it this weekend hope it is as fun as your pumpkin field trip. I can't wait to see pictures of the black bunny you come up with but it does look like you are well on your way!!

Em and AJ said...

Isn't the Red Barn such a fun place. I do have to say, you came to Santaquin and didn't even come and say Hi...I know you were with a group, but I just had to give you a hard time. I am glad that you commented on my blog because I had lost your blog address, but now I have it and have added it to my blogs. Hope all is well with you guys. It looks like you stay pretty busy. :)

Krystal said...

That is so cute!! I can't believe how big Duncan is getting. I love how you have so many pictures!!

Giselle Rasheta said...

That barn is so cool...I want to go on a fieldtrip there! Looks like you guys had a blast, and I LOVE that Duncan is a total farm boy who drives tractors fast and chews on straw!

Natalie Park said...

Hey! Its Natalie! I just came across your blog and I was so excited! I miss seeing you and chatting late night at the hospital. I hope everything is going well for you! I miss you guys but love living down here! Keep in touch!

Billie Jo said...

I love thzt barn! I went with Ellie when she was in first grade. I think I liked it more than she did. You are constantly updating and I feel like I miss one or two post in betwen each time I comment. All I have to say everytime is that kid is one crack up! I love the straw in the mouth!

The Gunnerson Family said...

That little farmer is so dang cute! I absolutely love him teaching his friend to chew straw. I think Noah would be like Duncan and want the tractor to go faster! Duncan is getting so big, it happens so fast!

Billie Sue said...

What a cute post -- but only because that boy is so darn cute! What a little man and I love his knowledge of how things run on the farm and the need to chew on a piece of straw!