Sunday, November 15, 2009

In our lifetime we go through many stages, changes and adjustments. In my "short" little lifetime I have had a few changes in my family and personal life. The last week we have had one of those changes. After being apart for a year and a half, my sweet Grandpa finally got to go be with his sweetheart again. I have seen a lot of neat things at funerals, but nothing like at my grandpa's. All I can say is that the sight as you walked out of the church was simply, "breath taking" and brought tears to the eyes of every person there as well as being a very fitting last ride for a man that lived the lifestyle that my grandpa lived and loved and has passed on to his posterity. It was neat-

As the last week has passed, I find myself with all four of my grandparents in better places now and I have reflected back on many of the experiences and memories that I have been so blessed to have with each one of them. In this month of Thanksgiving, I find myself being grateful for many, many things, some of which are being blessed with a strong, honorable heritage and having such good examples to others of how people should live life and treat others as well as being examples of how to live such long, full lives.

Here are a few pictures from the funeral and a snap shot here and there. This month has flown by so fast and it is hard to think that it is half way over! We have so many things to be thankful for and count our blessings each day.
We snuck up the canyon for some family pictures for Christmas cards this weekend. Thanks Aunt Kecia for taking our pictures! Hope you all have a great week!!























6 comments:

Billie Sue said...

I finally came back to work today, so I can't see the pictures (they're blocked out), but your writing is wonderful. Beautifully expressed sentiments and such loving feelings. I told your Mom, but I don't know if I told you -- while you guys were singing -- twice during the song, I could see Mom and Dad holding hands and smiling as they listened to Dad's favorite song. You did such a beautiful job on the song -- I know they were present and very pleased. Thank you. Love you all!

Janessa said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'm sure he's thrilled to be reunited with his sweetheart though. The stage coach/hearse is so neat. You got some great pictures. I love the way your family is so close and that you have so many wonderful memories of your grandparents. Not everybody has that. On another note, I love your family pictures. They turned out great. Now for the hard part...deciding on a favorite. Do you guys really have snow on the ground?

Pays said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa! We hadn't heard that news. I wish I had, then we could have sent some flowers or something. Anyway, what a beautiful coach! It looks like it was a wonderful celebration of his life.
Great family pictures! They all turned out great! I'll call you later on this week. Talk to you soon!

Billie Sue said...

I just saw the pictures. They are beautiful! I particularly like the one where the hearse is just heading up the cemetery hill. It really has an ambiance to it. Your family pictures are really good too. I love the ones you've done in sepia. The ones of the boys are irreplaceable. Again -- thanks for your part and how special it made things.

Em and AJ said...

I am sorry for your loss. Losing someone is always hard, but the knowledge that we have to know that one day we can see them again is comforting. The horse carriage is awesome for your grandpa and what a way to have his one last ride. I love your new family pictures, cute, cute! I think you always have new pictures on your blog of your family. You are so good to keep family pictures up to date, I need to be better at that.

Michelle said...

Sorry for your loss. Wow, you were right, what a great tribute. Your family pictures are wonderful!